CDLT Entiat River Beatley Acquisition
#SRP-02-14982 #SRP-02-14982
 Entiat Sub-basin Middle Entiat CDLT Entiat River Beatley Acquisition
Organization Upper Columbia Salmon Recovery Board Lead Entity
Sponsor Chelan-Douglas Land Trust
Status Completed
Schedule Start Date: 11/5/2002 End Date: 11/5/2002
Priority 1
Category Category: Acquisition
Project Photo
DESCRIPTION
The Chelan-Douglas Land Trust (CDLT) purchased the 53.46 acre Beatley property in 2002 to protect salmon and steelhead habitat in the begining of the Stillwater Reach of the Middle Entiat River. Approximately 30% of the property is flood plain with wetlands and riparian woodland and includeds approximately 2700 feet of the Entiat River, 2200 on the west side of the river and 500 on the east. The remaining 70% is steep uplands that rise 1130 feet above the river to an elevation of 2280 feet. The riverine portion of the property provides spawning and rearing habitat for endangered spring Chinook salmon, and threatened steelhead. This reach also provides spawning and rearing habitat for summer Chinook and sockeye and is used by coho salmon. Riparian habitats provide seasonal breeding and feeding areas for migratory song birds and year round cover and forage for many resident birds and mammals. Upland habitats are currently shrublands and grasslands that were forested prior to the 1994 Tyee Fire. The property connects with U.S. Forest Service land on the south and west and provides connectivity habitat for wildlife movement up and down the valley.
Show more  ↓
FUNDING SOURCES
FUNDING ENTRIES FROM GRANT PROJECT AGREEMENT
TypeDateFunding OrgFunding ProgramMatchAmount
Grant Project Agreement Totals Proposed Requested Allocated Spent Balance
OTHER FUNDING (Funding that is NOT in a grant project agreement)
TypeDateFunding OrgFunding ProgramMatchAmount
Other Funding Totals Proposed Requested Allocated Spent Balance
Grand Totals Proposed Requested Allocated Spent Balance
PROJECT CONTACT
SPONSOR
PHOTOS

 
LOCATION
Legislative District 2022:12
Sections:35
County:Chelan
Chinook-Pop (ESU):Chinook-Upper Columbia River Spring, Entiat River, Endangered
Chinook2-Pop (ESU):Chinook-Upper Columbia River Summer/Fall, Not Warranted
WRIA:Entiat
HUC12:Potato Creek-Entiat River (170200100207)
Steelhead-Pop (ESU):Steelhead-Upper Columbia River, Entiat River, Threatened
Township:T27NR19E
Lead Entity Area:Upper Columbia
Salmon Recovery Regions:Upper Columbia River
HUC8:Upper Columbia-Entiat (17020010)
View project on a larger map
ACTIVITY-REAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION PCSRF
Acres Of Land, Wetland Or Estuarine Area Conserved By Acquisition Or Lease 53.46 Acres
Miles Of Streambank Protected By Land or Easement Acquisition 00.51 Miles
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION